Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

26 June 2008

I don't feel grateful this evening...but I will give thanks anyways.

I really don't feel grateful this evening. The house was once again unbearably hot. The kids aren't cleaning up after themselves, but when it is 92 degrees inside the house, I don't have the heart or the energy to yell at them. So the house is becoming an unbelievable mess. The water coming out of the faucet smells like rotten eggs...I don't think I could take a shower without puking right now. The shipment of the "school books" that I sent for has been delayed again...this time they were lost at the dock, the entire shipment can't be found.
My boys are fighting every day...when they get hot. My daughter is moping because were are in such a repressed area that she can't get a business of any kind going...not even babysitting! I lit incense, but was called outside each time I lit it, and did not get to enjoy it. Have I complained enough? Sometimes in order to get to a place of gratefulness, of being able to be thankful, you have to let yourself actually feel the down emotions. Claim them, feel them, watch yourself go through them, and then let it go.

Earlier today I felt quite grateful.
I just received my order of Paraliminals, but as I opened the box, I saw that one of them had a broken case. I know, nitpicky, but I also know it would drive me nuts, so I called the company. Without hesitation, the wonderful lady I talked to said they would ship out a new case first thing tomorrow!
More than that I felt blessed to share this gratitude blog with her, and inspire her to possibly create her own!
I changed the direction of my bed last night, and slept better. I am grateful for a great night of sleep.
I am grateful for my children, I feel blessed to be able to homeschool such intelligent aware minds!
I am thankful to see the little bats that come out at dusk every evening, as I know they are catching the bugs!
I am grateful to live somewhere that dragonflies play on the trampoline as if they were children...bouncing off of it over and over as we watch, and then flying away when we climb on.
I am grateful for tea tree oil, my solution to life's bumps and bruises!
I am grateful for our kitty, "Miss Nora".
I am grateful for the incense, the smell still just lingered on the air when I came in!
I am grateful for my salt lamp (tea light candle size), as I watch the beautiful color it is glowing next to my desk as I write this.
I am grateful for all of my elephant decor...it makes me smile.
I am grateful for my yucca in it's beautiful orange ceramic pot, I always look onto living growing green while I am at my desk.
I am grateful for the free personalized pocket calendar that I received in the mail, after wishing that I had one a few days before.
I am grateful for the calendar, and day planner that are on my computer, that was a bonus to a screen saver program that I got as a gift! Fantastic since I had just been wishing that I had something exactly like this!
I am grateful for the way the fan blows through the wind chimes, making melodious chimes ring through out the day.
I am grateful for the way the light sparkles off of the green and silver wind chime as it moves.
I am grateful that I take the time to "stop and smell the roses", and see all the wonderful patterns that there are in life!


I wish you could blow up the picture on the right... I actually caught a hummingbird getting nectar from the flowers on this tree. And I have a wonderful series of pictures of this hummingbird! In this picture, it is hovering in the bloom in the center of the picture.

No comments: