Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

25 June 2008

Too Hot!

When minor difficulties get in the way, it can be hard to be grateful. But the kids and I are making it a daily practice to name the things we don't like, and find a way that we are grateful for them anyways. For instance, some of todays turn arounds were:
It's too hot every day! -- I'm grateful we have the evaporative cooler to keep it a little bit cooler inside! (Not bad when inside next to the evaporative cooler crosses the 90 degree mark every day!)
I hate the house we live in! -- I'm grateful for a roof over my head!
It was so chilly last night I needed an extra blanket! -- I'm grateful that it cools off every night from the day's heat!
From there the list became a gratitude list again!
I'm grateful that we are always happy.
I'm grateful that we can laugh so easily and so often!
I'm grateful that we have food to eat.
I'm grateful that we have sunlight.
I'm grateful for our cat, Nora.
I'm grateful that we have enough money for the things we need.
I'm grateful that I have clothes that fit me!
I'm grateful that we have incense...I want more!
I'm grateful that my boys went and found the package in the closet that was missing!
I'm grateful for my son's stuffed 'bunny'...it amazing what joy a special stuffed animal can bring to the entire house!
I'm grateful for my intelligent children.
I'm grateful for my respectful children who went and thanked the neighbor for putting up a cover on the fence to try and keep the dogs from barking at them all the time.
I'm grateful for the way that my children can sense energy... what could be more fun than a no contact 'energy war' on the trampoline! Talk about stirring things up!
I am grateful for my intelligence. It makes life that mush more wonderful!
I am grateful for the air around me.
I am grateful for the moon and stars.
I am grateful for freshly brewed herbal sun tea... the wonderful flavor!
I am grateful for my printer, paper, and colored ink!
I am grateful for an air mattress to sleep on instead of the floor! (Even if it is for the pool! LOL)
I am grateful that my youngest cleaned up the bathroom after his bath, and put away ALL of his toys!
I am grateful for places like Kodak and Wal Mart that let you store your digital photos online, and all the wonderful products you can create from there!
I am grateful for my little bean bag frogs that sit on my computer speakers keeping me company all the time!
I am grateful for happy music to listen to, and great favorites that make you smile!

No comments: