Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

24 May 2010

A Cold Reminder to be Grateful

The weather today has taken a really strange turn. It is almost June, and we are thinking of digging out the heaters while donning our sweaters. Last year at this time, it was shorts and sleeveless tops, and as many popsicles as we could manage to stay cool.

The chill of the day, and forecast for the week, makes me grateful for the sun. I think it is on the cold days that we remember to be grateful for the sun. Personally, I am a bit jealous of the cats who curl up for a nap in the warm sunlight. The warmth of the sunlight is beautiful as it streams in through the windows.

I am grateful for ingenuity. It is when problems arise, that we rise to the occasion to find answers. Some times the solution is quite a creative endeavor. Today our challenge was covering the access panel behind the dryer that is open to the underside of the trailer. The drywall wouldn't hold the screws anymore, and the cover had slipped off exposing a gaping hole through which the cold air rushed in. It took a bit before we got it covered and stable, but it was fun seeing what the kids came up with for suggestions to try.

I am grateful for my kids. They are full of love and laughter, and I am grateful that I get to spend each day with them.

No comments: