Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

23 May 2010

Many Ways to Show Gratitude

Gratitude can be shown in so many different ways! I love all the creative ways that people around me have come up with to show their gratitude for things in their lives. I love the variety of ways that people around me have come up with to remind themselves to be grateful!

The most common way is to set a timer. When the timer dings, it is a reminder to stop and be grateful for something. Other people like to take walks and "walk out their gratitude list". Then of course, their is keeping a journal to write down things you are grateful for.

One of my favorite things to do is to talk about what I am grateful for with my children, and hear what they are grateful for. I think that remembering to be grateful is a fantastic lesson to be learned at a young age! Of course, this all started as a way to help get my kids out of a bad mood. We have all been through a lot, and most would say that we have a right to feel sad, a good reason to complain. I say that in ANY situation you can find things to be grateful for. Even if the only thing you can think of is that the sun rose this morning, it is still something. And the more you can feel grateful for what you have, the more you find in your life to be grateful for, and the better things get.

I am grateful for knowing how to learn. I have been having a challenging time learning how to use new software programs to set up some websites, and learning to set up the websites.. but through it all I have found a level of excitement about it that has kept the whole thing fun.. and I am very grateful for that!

Some of our favorite ways to show our gratitude?.. Smiling, bouncing, and laughing.. and that is enough to turn a whole day around into something fantastic!

No comments: