Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

10 May 2010

Miracles in the Wash

Do you believe in miracles? Today I think they must exist. Either that, or the Universe is playing a horribly cruel joke on me. I choose to believe in miracles.

What happened you ask? Well, my washing machine has been slowly seeming to be on its' last legs. The timer for the wash cycle has been broken for over a year, but we have been able to move the setting manually and keep going. Several weeks ago, the washing machine started making a weird ticking noise during the wash cycle.  Last week, it started making that weird ticking noise every time the tub would be moving.. in other words, it did not make it during the rinse cycle.

We have been leery to use it, and have been putting off laundry for several days since. But, as everything around the house always does, the laundry pile built up. As the washing machine is in the kitchen pantry, and the hamper at the entrance to the pantry, the pile quickly became problematic as it spilled into the door way and started invading the kitchen itself. When I had to move dirty laundry out from in front of the refrigerator this morning, I finally reached my limit. I decided that I would just do what laundry I could and pray the washing machine would just hold out for a few months until I could do something about it.

I started with the bigger things spreading across the floor, and grabbed blankets to start first. And as the load finished, we realized that we had not heard the ticking sound. I started a second load of blankets, and amazingly enough we still did not hear the ticking sound. I have now gotten a chance to run the fourth load through the wash without any strange noises.

The question I posed to my kids was, "Do you think it is possible the washing machine miraculously fixed itself?!" And the answer I got was, "Maybe the timer will fix itself now!"

For now, I am just immensely grateful that the washer seems to have worked its' kinks out, and seems to be working again. Thank you, thank you, thank you Universe!

No comments: