Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

09 May 2010

Happy Mother's Day

On this Mother's Day, I am grateful for my mother, my grandmother, and my children.

I am grateful for everything my mother has done for me. I am grateful for the stories she read me when I was little, and for the recordings she would make of us reading them together. I am grateful for the time she always found to spend with me, regardless of being a working single mother. I am grateful that she stepped in to be the Girl Scout leader so my school could have a troop. I am grateful that she brought so much learning and exploring and creativity into my life. I am grateful for the unconditional love she has always had for me.

I am grateful that my grandmother is my grandmother. I am grateful for all the things she did with me when I was younger.. I loved going to see plays and operas with her! I am grateful for all the holidays we spent at her house, and all the memories of happiness and laughter. I am grateful for all the wonderful conversations I have been blessed to have with her over my lifetime. I am grateful for the unconditional love she has always had for me.

I am grateful for each one of my kids. They are each a special blessing that brings joy into my life. I am grateful that I have always known what unconditional love is, and am able to love my children that way.

To all the other mothers out there.. I hope you have had a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments: