Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

05 May 2010

Through The Pain

There are days that I wish I was normal. I think everyone has those days. And there are those who would remind me that there is no normal, because we are all unique. But today I wish that I did not have a birth defect that leaves me with chronic pain. On days like today, the pain is so great that it is disruptive of coherent thought. And even through that pain, I have so many things to be grateful for.

I am grateful that I watch my children racing around the yard, and climbing on to the roof every day. I am grateful that I have learned to take advantage of all the down times in my life, and always find a way to see good things in them. I am grateful for how my mother read to me, and made books come alive when I was little. I am grateful for so many wonderful authors who can weave worlds of wonder in our brains with just letters on a page. I am grateful that I turned on the television this evening at the right time to unexpectedly catch a program of classical music played by a trio of renowned musicians. I am grateful that I have two strong boys to take the garbage out!

No comments: