Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

01 May 2010

Finding Gratitude On Bad Days

On a day when you wake up feeling just slightly off, you might start to wonder what you have to be grateful for. This morning as I posed that question to myself, my sense of sarcasm kicked in, and I found myself snapping.. I am grateful for my head hurting! I am grateful for being dizzy. I am grateful for the tickle in my throat telling me I am getting sick. Hmmph.. perhaps I should be grateful that I have an early warning system so keenly attuned. I can foretell my future, and yet am powerless to change it.

Although finding things to be grateful for on these days can be challenging, it is worth it to do so. Remember, what you feel today, is what you are creating tomorrow. Well, it might be further in the future, but you get my meaning. With practice, it does get easier. And soon you will always be able to see the brighter side of life, and find more happiness and fulfillment with it.

Today, I am grateful for my voice over phone line. Without it I would not be able to talk to the comfort of my life who lives across the ocean from me. The phone is like a lifeline of peace and security to me.
I am grateful that my children are all old enough to take basic care of themselves, and help each other. As a single mom, there is no one else around to take care of things when I am not well.
I am grateful for my laptop. Even if it is still a bit hot tempered.. Haha.. the way it likes to overheat so much.. I had forgotten my sheer joy in using it.. how my fingers seem to fly along the keys without hesitation, and the gently clicking sound of them being music to my ears.
I am grateful for the internet. Another lifeline of sorts.. it allows me to glance into the outside world and realize that there is sanity out there in places. It allows me to leave my physical surroundings and dwell in brighter, sunnier places full of intelligence and creative ideas.
I am grateful for my DVR. I love not having to watch shows when they are on, and not having to watch the commercials when I am ready to catch up on shows.
I am grateful that tomorrow is another day, and I do not have to drag any of the past with me, but can start afresh each day.

No comments: