Find the Perfect Halloween Costume!

20 May 2010

Grateful For Happiness

I am grateful for having the ability to choose happiness, and make it an everyday part of my life. It really isn't all that hard. I think the hardest part is forgiving myself when I slide.

I grew up learning to be a victim with all the negativity that entails, and have excelled in the situations I created for myself. After a few decades of practice, it is not an easy thing to suddenly choose to be happy. It does take practice, as did the negativity. And every second of every day we have the opportunity to choose again.

If you are dealing with depression or have the blues, it can be even harder. I know, I went through a couple of decades of clinical depression. I am grateful to say that is in the past. By making a few small changes to my life, and learning to forgive myself and choose happiness again, I find my life getting better and more laughter in my house. And that is something else to be grateful for! I am grateful for my children's laughter, and seeing their smiling faces every day.

No comments: